Thursday, October 9, 2014

Flower Patch and A Dozen Thoughts

I have found that whether or not (or how much) I like a stamp set is directly related to the availability of a coordinating framelit set.  The Flower Patch stamp set has framelits to cut out all those flower shapes, therefore, I like Flower Patch.

Speaking of framelits.  I learned a couple of valuable lessons from this card.  It was offered at one of my Card Buffets.  The last buffet was on a Friday evening.  I was wrapping up my leftovers Sunday afternoon. Sometimes I put off making my leftovers for a few weeks and sometimes I just unassemble the kits and don't make them.  But, like I said, I was making these the same weekend.  When I went to cut one of the yellow flowers, its corresponding framelit was missing.  I keep them on a magnetic sheet on my Big Shot counter.  Not there.  I looked through the trash and my whole stamp room and couldn't find it. I bugged the last two people that made the card.  It hadn't jumped into their tote bags.  That evening, my hubby took his metal detector to the craft room trash bag and found it.  My hero!!  The last lady that used it at my Card Buffet tossed and her scraps into the trash bucket that sits on the Big Shot counter.  Later, I dumped that can into the trash bag.  

Lesson #1:  Deal with my leftovers and put all supplies away right away.  Did I mention that Sunday is trash night?  If I hadn't made my leftovers that day, I wouldn't have known the framelit was missing and it would have gone to the dump.  Also, since little time had passed, I could remember who made the card in case something accidentally went home with them.

Lesson #2:  Carefully go through the trash bins from Card Buffets before dumping them.  Accidents happen!

My hubby often saves the day for me (and I  let him know it daily), so I really can't say that was a lesson to me - but maybe it is for someone else.  Hug your hero!

CASEd from this card.

Stamp Sets:  Flower Patch, Gorgeous Grunge, A Dozen Thoughts
Card Stock:  blushing bride, calypso coral, whisper white
Stamp Pads:  blushing bride, so saffron, calypso coral
Other:  dimensionals, rhinestones, permanent markers (to color rhinestones), flower fair framelits, big shot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails