Tuesday, June 3, 2014

St. Patrick's Day and Chevrons

I know I am way out of season, but I do have a reason.  When I take (and edit) pictures of a card, I add it to my "to blog" list.  My list is  pretty long.  Instead of jumping around the two-page list, I decided to go straight down the line.  Sometimes simple beats over-thinking; a lesson that seems hard for me to learn.

To get the chevron strips to line up from color to color, I adhered the strips of card stock onto a piece of copy paper and embossed them as one.  The embossing folder is vertical and I wanted horizontal stripes, so I had to run it though twice.  It was easier than it sounds!



Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Hearts a Flutter
Card Stock:  whisper white, garden green, gumball green, pear pizzazz, copy paper
Stamp Pad:  gumball green
Other:  chevron embossing folder, big shot, dimensionals, gumball green stitched satin ribbon, modern label punch, rhinestone, green permanent marker (to color rhinestones), gumball green marker (clover stem).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails