Saturday, June 7, 2014

My First Project Life Pages - Las Vegas

A few months ago, one of my BFFs (Hi Jo) introduced me to Smash Books and Project Life.  Stampin' Up already had smash book/journal products.  Jo inspired me to give it a try.  I hadn't scrapbooked for several years and I wasn't interested in jumping into Project Life.

Fast forward to last month when Stampin' Up! announced its partnership with Becky Higgins (Project Life creator).  I love the concept.  Fast and easy.  Becky's motto is "Cultivate a good life and record it".  I have a great life but do a terrible job at documenting it.  So I pre-ordered the products from SU! and gave it a try.  

The pages aren't as fancy as some in books I've made before.  BUT - I did them.  It beats photos sitting in boxes (or in my case, on my phone).  All you have to do is stick your photos in pockets then choose filler or journal cards from the great assortment available in the kits to fill the rest of the pockets.  You can add as many or as few embellishments as you want.

In these pages, I cropped some of my printed pictures to 3" x 4".  I've done two more double-page spreads and cropped them in Photoshop and added them to one 4" x 6" blank photo so I could print them as one.  Fancy, huh?!  haha.  I think you all know how I don't care for photo editing.

All of these pictures are from my iPhone 4s.  I now have a 5s.  The camera is supposed to be better but it still doesn't come close to my Nikon DSL.  But, hey, they are printed and where my family can enjoy them.  I'm already thinking of more I wish I had said.

I probably won't be an over-the-top Project Lifer like many out there (there are some amazing blogs), but I would like to keep up and maybe even catch up some day.  This first attempt has made me want to take more pictures, better pictures and make notes.  I downloaded an app called Collect on my iPhone.  It's a calendar that you can add photos and notes to.  Multiple photos can be added to each day as well as notes which should help when I actually sit down to print pictures and journal.  

Check out this inspiring video by Becky Higgins.  The first 3 minutes are a little slow, but the end brings it all together.

  • I used the Everyday Adventure Project Life Card Collection.
  • The "Las Vegas" letters are stickers from the Everyday Adventure Project Life Accessory Pack.
  • "February 2013" is from the Project Life Day to Day stamp set.
  • I used the Make Note Rotary Stamp on the journal card in the top left pocket of the right page.
  • The 50th Birthday embellishment was made using the Memorable Moments stamp set and Labels Collection Framelits.








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails