Friday, January 24, 2014

Patchwork Quilt Christmas Card

I had a workshop back in October.  The hostess is a quilter so I thought she might like this card for one of the projects.  We used the Stampin' Up! grid paper to arrange the quilt pieces.  For accuracy, I punched all of the pieces with a 1" square punch.  All, but the four corner pieces, were cut in half on the diagonal.  I assembled two cards and decided that the easiest way was to adhere one block at a time from top left to bottom right.  To add a quilty texture, I dry embossed the pieced star.



CASEd from here.

Stamp Set:  Petite Pair
Card Stock:  island indigo, smoky slate, festive flurry dsp, whisper white
Stamp Pad: island indigo
Punches:  large oval, scallop oval, 1" square
Other:  dimensionals, whisper white 3/8" taffeta ribbon, island indigo baker's twine, vintage faceted designer button, glue dot, embossing folder, big shot, grid paper.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails