Sunday, November 3, 2013

File Folder Halloween Card ... and a quilt

As soon as I saw the new Stampin' Up! Envelope Punch Board, I wanted one.  I'm not sure why - I'm really not into making my own envelopes and I tend to not use great big pieces of designer paper at once.  But I still ordered it.  Then I saw some awesome file folder cards and knew what my first project would be.  I finally got around to making some last weekend.  They were so fun and very easy!!  Here's a video.  Thank you Patty Bennett.



Stamp Sets:  Tags 4 You, Happy Day, Spooky Bingo Bits (retired)
Card Stock:  pumpkin pie, basic black, whisper white, witches' brew dsp
Stamp Pads:  black stazon, pumpkin pie, versa mark
Other:  envelope punch board, label bracket punch, black embossing powder, heat tool, pumpkin pie chevron ribbon.

Another Halloween project was a quilt.  I wouldn't say that I celebrate Halloween, but when I saw this quilt on Pinterest, I wanted one.  I had already made a chevron quilt this year using squares (as opposed to triangles) so I knew it would be easy.  It was fun going to my LQS to pick out 19 different fabrics.  Those ladies are so patient with me!

Some of the orange fabrics look neon in the pictures, but they aren't.  And the one that looks yellow is actually green.  If you've been to my blog before, you know how much I love photography (not!).  Anyway, I absolutely love this little quilt.  It measure approximately 45" x 67".



I just did simple straight line quilting (well kind of straight ☺) and cut my binding on the bias (that was a first).

1 comment:

Julie Marshall said...

Love both of these projects! I just played with the Envelope Punch board this past weekend and will definitely be getting one of my own. So versatile! TFS.

Related Posts with Thumbnails