Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jelly Roll Quilt

A break from stamping ...

Last year I spent a lot of time (and money LOL) learning how to quilt.  I took classes, scoured Pinterest and YouTube, accumulated tools and gadgets.  I made a couple of tops as well as a flannel rag quilt.  I bought another sewing machine in January and set the goal of completing (piecing and quilting!) one quilt per month.  This is the eighth one and I finished it in August.  On target!  My new friend, Amy (works at the local quilt shop) and I decided that if I fall behind, the 2 tables runners, 4 window valances, 8 place mats, 9 hanging calendar quilts and tote bags should count for at least one quilt.  Don't you agree? 

The pattern is called May Flowers and it is from the book Jelly Roll Inspirations compiled by Pam and Nicky Lintott. The LQS I shop at makes their own black and white jelly rolls, so it's not any particular designer or brand.  The flowers are pieced from the strips and appliqued on the hot pink squares.  Then I just meander free motion quilted the whole thing.


This newest quilt now lives with my daughter.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails