Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stampin' Up! Cupcake Boxes

I had a workshop last week and my friend (the hostess) requested that we make a cupcake box.  I found and used this tutorial.  They were so fun and easy to make!!  They really were - I'm not so good at making 3D things and these turned out great.

Each box needs 1-1/4 sheets of 12"x12" dsp plus a piece of card stock and acetate.  I had an unopened pack of Sycamore Street dsp from Sale-a-Bration that we used.  One full pack of paper will make 9 boxes/lids with a 3/4 sheet left over.

The video is easy to follow.  The only thing I changed was to score the lid at 7/8".  When I scored it at 1", the lid pinched the box - changing it to 7/8" made the lid just a tad bigger than the box.

We made an insert for inside the box to set the cupcake in.  We even received an extra cupcake to carry home in our completed boxes.  Yum!  We used the circles cut from the insert and lid to make tags.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails