Monday, June 3, 2013

Love & Laughter Wedding Shower Card

I made this card for a wedding shower I was invited to a few weeks ago.  I think the wedding colors are purple and white so I pulled out my retired Concord Crush card stock and stamp pad.

I hadn't used heat & stick powder for quite awhile.  It makes a pretty neat effect, but it's a little messy.  Maybe it's just me. You pour heat & stick powder over the wet ink and heat it with the heat gun until it is tacky (heat too long and it will dry).  While it is still tacky, pour glitter over it (I used dazzling diamonds).  Heat again to set it.  It doesn't show in the pictures, but the dress is sparkly.

Another technique that I rarely use is to ink my image with the versamark pad first, then ink it on the colored stamp pad (basic gray in this case) before stamping.  That's combining the desired color with the wetter ink which enables the powder to stick.  I wanted to make a second card for my display tree.  I was careful to thoroughly clean the ink out of my stamp before putting it back on the versamark pad.



CASEd from this card.

Stamp Set:  Love & Laughter
Card Stock:  whisper white, concord crush, twitterpated dsp
Stamp Pads:  versamark, basic gray, concord crush
Other:  heat & stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, heat tool, dimensionals, small heart punch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails