Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby Shower: Patterned Occasions Card and a Quilt

A couple of weeks ago, I got to help plan a baby shower at church for our Pastor's wife and their new baby boy.  When I found out that their nursery is decorated in a theme, I knew exactly what stamp set and fabric I wanted to use.  They both go each other and with the nursery.  Win!

Here's the card:

I used the Patterned Occasions stamp set which was available during Sale-a-Bration this year.  I inked the elephant once with markers, then again with the midnight muse stamp pad - just enough to stamp the ear on scrap card stock.  I cut that out and used a teeny piece of dimensional to pop it up.

CASEd from here.

Stamp Sets:  Patterned Occasions, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  midnight muse, baja breeze (retired), whisper white, subtles and 2012-2014 in color dsp stacks
Stamp Pads:  midnight muse and baja breeze, midnight muse & gumball green markers
Other:  perfect polka dots embossing folder, big shot, 2-1/2" circle punch, midnight muse stitched satin ribbon, whisper white linen thread, dimensionals, pearls.

And here's the quilt:







The fabric is Bungle Jungle by Tim and Beck for Moda Fabrics.  I used charm packs and yardage.  It's 1/2 price right now at the Fat Quarter Shop, but there isn't too much left.
I used Sweet Jane's Simple Stitches pattern.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails