Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Moving Forward Baby Boy Card & Gifts

Moving Forward is the 2012-2013 Ronald McDonald House stamp set.  It's one of my favorites.  I usually use stamp set retirements as an opportunity to downsize (temporarily) my collection.  But some times there are sets that I'm not ready to part with.  This is one - I think I'll hang onto it for awhile.

Our pastor and his wife had a baby boy last week.  We're having an all-church shower next month, but I didn't want to wait until then to give a gift.  

Here are pictures of the card and gift(s) I made.


CASEd from Jill's card.
Stamp Sets:  Moving Forward, One in a Million
Card Stock:  whisper white, bashful blue, marina mist
Stamp Pads:  bashful blue, midnight muse
Other:  marina mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, marina mist marker, argyle ef, big shot.

I bought some coordinating fat quarters and made matching burp cloths, bibs and binky leashes.  I backed the burp cloths and bibs with flannel, except two of the burp cloths were backed with a soft terry cloth.  I'm hoping the mama will tell me which she preferred so I will know for future gifts.

I used a purchased pattern for the burp cloths, but I should have saved the money and winged it.

I found this tutorial for the bibs.  This saved some hand cutting.  I wish I had seen it before making the burp cloths.  

 I followed this tutorial for the binky leashes.  Yes, I actually bought a snap setter.  The hooks are mitten clips found in the notions section of JoAnn's.  None of my kiddos used pacifiers, but I bet these would have been handy if they had.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails