Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fabric Frenzy - Fat Quarter Tote Bags

We are having new family room furniture delivered tomorrow.  Yippee!  2 couches, a chair and an ottoman.  Last night we took the old furniture to a consignment shop.  Having no furniture in the room is a great opportunity to wash baseboards and vacuum carpet.  Have I done that yet?  Nope! My son is flying home tonight for a long Easter weekend.  Yippee!!  Have I been to the grocery yet?  Nope!

I sewed this morning...

I am so excited about the Fat Quarter Frenzy; Stampin' Up! fabrics are 50% off through March 31.


I made this tote bag from the Twitterpated Fabric.  And I had enough left over for a tissue pouch.  And there are still enough scraps to make card embellishments.  I love the bag!!  I followed this tutorial.  There are options for making the gussets (she calls them pooches) different 2 sizes or none.  I chose the larger gusset.  The other gusset options make the tote a little taller and wider.  They are all very cute.  You can see pictures of them all on the tutorial.  As you can see, the bag is lined and has exterior pockets on both sides.

I've made the tissue pouches before and posted a tutorial here.







I didn't stop there.  I made this drawstring tote, also.  I've made this pattern before and had cut this Spice Cake fabric but didn't get around to sewing it.  There's nothing like a sale to motivate me.  Haha!

I used this tutorial for the bag.  This size is great for fat quarters (I did have to piece strips for the drawstrings).  You can print a pattern that gives dimensions for different sized bags.  I made a larger bag in Christmas fabrics for my two grand kids and my great niece.  I put Christmas pajamas in them and gave them to them on Thanksgiving.

Again, I had enough fabric left to make a tissue pouch and still have usable scraps.  I didn't have enough of one fabric, so had to make the pouch in just 2.  I had cut into this bundle already and I'm not sure if there would have be enough if I hadn't already gotten into it.  It's still super cute in two fabric, though.




1 comment:

Dottie said...

Was looking around and came across your blog. Love the bags and matching tissue pouches. Thank you for linking the tutorials. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails