Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chalkboard Birthday Card

This is the second masculine birthday card we made at the workshop I shared about yesterday.  

I had been wanting to try the chalkboard technique that I've seen all over blogland and Pinterest so I tried it here.  It can hardly be called a technique - it's so simple.  All you do is heat emboss your stamped image with whisper white embossing powder on basic black card stock, then rub whisper white craft ink over it.  I used a stampin' sponge on my stamp pad; I've read where some use a damp paper towel or just a tissue.  

I used the new Honeycomb embossing folder from the Occasions Catalog.  Love it!  I made another little chalkboard for the inside and will use my white gel pen to sign the card.



Stamp Set:  You're Amazing
Card Stock:  crumb cake, midnight muse, basic black
Stamp Pad:  versamark, whisper white craft
Other:  stampin' sponge, dimensionals, honeycomb ef, big shot, white watercolor pencil, whisper white embossing powder, heat tool.

2 comments:

Jessica Lewis said...

Found your blog thru Pinterest. Thanks for sharing, I love how masculine, clean, and simple this is! I may case it one day!

Tawnya Bonnell said...

Thank you, Jessica!

Related Posts with Thumbnails