Tuesday, January 1, 2013

More Mittens and Cocoa

Looking at the last few cards I've made, it looks like I focus a lot of attention trying to stay warm.  I'm not sure how I would endure Ohio winters without mittens and hot chocolate!  Anyway, I just loved this card when I saw it on Stampinglee Yours blog and couldn't wait to CASE it for a batch of winter note cards. 
 
 I used Whisper White Card Stock on the top card and Very Vanilla on the second one.  I like both equally.  I punched mittens from Cherry Cobbler card stock then embossed snowflakes on them with clear embossing powder.  So it didn't look like I had green cocoa, I removed the green ink from the "inside" of the mug with a q-tip then colored it with my chocolate chip marker
 
Again, I've used a several items from the Holiday Catalog that won't be available after tomorrow.


 
Stamp Sets:  Make a Mitten, Scentsational Seasons
Card Stock:  crumb cake, whisper white or very vanilla, cherry cobbler
Stamp Pads:  gumball green, crumb cake, versa mark
Other:  distressing tool, norther flurry ef, holiday collection framelits, big shot, mitten builder punch, gumball green sweater trim ribbon, glue dot, dimensionals.
 
I made crocheted hats for each of my grandchildren for Christmas. I found the free patterns on Pinterest.


Bearded Hat Pattern.  I made a child hat and small beard and they were too small. .  Also, the bottom of the beard is a chain, which makes it not so stretchy and therefore, a little harder to get on.  Still super cute, though and warm, I bet.   Fortunaly, I had enough yard to make new ones and still leave the small hat and beard in tact for a gift for a smaller guy.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails