Monday, December 31, 2012

Make a Mitten Trio

This is the first card I made after my little holiday stamping break and I love it!  Starting back with such a fun and cute card definitely made me want to keep stamping.  I made several of these to use as Christmas thank you note cards.
 
The Make-a-Mitten stamp set and Mitten Builder Punch are only available through January 2.


CASEd from this card.

Stamp Set:  Make-a-Mitten
Card Stock:  riding hood red, crumb cake, very vanilla
Stamp Pads:  riding hood red, crumb cake, illuminate glimmer watermark (rubbed over embossed snowflakes)
Other:  northern flurry ef, big shot, basic pearls, mitten builder punch, cherry cobbler baker's twine, glue dots, dimensionals.

Since you are visiting my blog, I figure you are a personal friend and/or a craft person and you might like to see some of the things I made over the holidays.  I'll try to remember to share things over the next few posts:
 
Wreaths:
I wanted to make one of these wreaths from Pinterest.  The frame I got was too small and looked lost on our front door, but I found the perfect spot in our powder bath (not where it was photographed).
 
 
This is the wreath we (wonderfully hubby and I) made for our front door.  I had tried to get ornaments on sale after Christmas last year but had no luck.  So I got these early at Target.  This wasn't quite as easy as the tutorials looked.  Here's one and here's another.  We had to go back for more ornaments and we still had little holes that bugged me.  So we ("we" meaning my Mr. Wonderful) cut up an old piece of garland and stuck the pieces in the holes.  All better!  Fortunately the glue held through the cold and none of the glass ornaments fell off.  I will store it in the house as opposed to the attic.
 
And finally, Emma (my 9 year old granddaughter) made these adorable little wreaths and tied them on Christmas gifts that she gave.  So sweet!  They are made from plastic shower curtain rings and yarn scraps.   Here's the tutorial.


2 comments:

Scrapnancy said...

tawnya
as a stampin up demo would you have an extra set of the make a mitten stamp set and punch for sale? i just saw a card you did on scrapbook 24/7 and love it.

Tawnya Bonnell said...

i'm sorry I don't have extras. I'm pretty good about purging retired things and that's one stamp set I regret letting go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails