Saturday, November 3, 2012

Stamping, Halloween Crafts and Crocheting

Add quilting to the title and that's what I have been up to this week.  I made several different cards for the upcoming card buffet, but they aren't quite ready to be shared yet.
 
Here are a few other things I've done:
 
A few weeks ago, I received my November copy of Stampin' Success (a publication for demonstrators) and the cover had these cute ornaments on it.  I made a few in a matter of minutes (good thing since I was supposed to be getting ready to go to a workshop).  I gave them away but thought to snap a picture with my phone first.  All of the strips of designer papre are 3/4" wide.  The lengths are 1 at 4", 2 at 4.5", 2 at 5" and 2 at 5.5".  The photo on the magazine showed another "layer" so those should be cut at 6".  See a pattern there?  I pierced each end of all strips at the same time and attached with a min brad.  Quick and easy.


This is the extent of our pumpkin carving for this year.  Actually, it's more than we have done since our kids grew up.  Aren't they cute?!  They are the little bitty pumpkins.  Jeff cut the holes and scooped out the goop and inserted the toy vampire teeth that I had picked up at the grocery store.  I used red brads for the eyes.  Simple!


I made a few special treats for Halloween to give to our grandkids and the friendly people that work at Wendy's.  They're s'mores kits; each has 2 graham cracker squares, a chocolate bar and marshmallow peeps. The sample I had seen (on Pinterest, of course) had shown a white ghost peep.  Well, this is the only pack I could find anywhere.  And just one pack - so I could only make 12 treats.  I heard Big Lots has Christmas peeps out already.  I guess I'll be heading there soon.  {ugh!}
 

I recently shared that I have been receiving requests to make owl hats.  I made both of these hats this week.  They are newborn size for a baby due in December.  It was requested that one be brown and pink, she asked if I had seen the ones with sleeping eyes and she also mentioned that she likes flowers.  She insisted that she is not picky, but I took that question and comment as hints and incorporated them into one hat.  The grandma-to-be picked them up a few minutes ago and loves them.  Yay!  I finished last night which was sooner than she had anticipated; she'll be giving them at a shower today.  I love it when things work out like that!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails