Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gently Falling Emboss Resist

I made another batch of Thanksgiving cards yesterday.  In case you're counting (ok, you probably aren't but I am), that's 3 consecutive days.
 
For this card, I used some leftover dsp from the same pack that I used on yesterday's card.  I had done a collage workshop using this paper; some designs I have only scraps left and others I have full sheets.  But I also think this card would be pretty with the current Comfort Cafe dsp and fabric.
 
First, I stamped the Very Vanilla card stock with the French Script background stamp and Soft Suede ink.  Then I stamped the leaf from Gently Falling stamp set with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I sponged over the embossed leaf with Soft Suede and Pool Party inks.
 
As I was running my snail adhesive on the back of the pool party dsp, I thought the back side would also look good on the card.  So for the next card, I flipped it.  I didn't care for so much Early Espresso directly on Soft Suede so I added a Very Vanilla mat.  That looked much better.  And as usual, I couldn't decide which card I liked better so I made 4 each way. 




CASEd from here.

Stamp Sets:  En Francais, Gently Falling, Seasonal Sayings (inside)
Card Stock:  soft suede, pool party, very vanilla, autumn spice (retired)
Stamp Pads:  versamark, soft suede, pool party
Other:  clear embossing powder, heat tool, dimensionals, autumn spice fabric (NOT retired)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails