Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gate Fold Thanksgiving Card with Gently Falling

I was so wound up about the elections yesterday (please pray for our nation) that I didn't think I would be able to stamp.  But I did - I actually made 8 of these cards.  (Yay for having leftover retired dsp)
 
I CASEd this card from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts.  She has a video on how to do this fold and technique with the scallop.  It really is simple.  I actually found an easier way to adhere the frame and stamped oval than what was shown.
 
I did gently spray my card front with a mixture of champagne shimmer paint and alcohol.  It has a nice subtle glimmer, but I couldn't capture it in the photos.
 



 
Stamp Sets:  Gently Falling, Pursuit of Happiness, Thankful For (retired)
Card Stock:  early espresso, very vanilla, autumn spice dsp (I think that's the name - retired)
Stamp Pads:  early espresso, more mustard, cajun craze (for sponging the edges of the fussy cut leaves)
Other:  stampin' sponges, dimensionals, simply scored, scallop frame oval die (retired), champagne shimmer paint (and alcohol and spray bottle), basic pearls.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails