Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crochet Owl Hats

Warning:  This is not a stampin' post today.
 
Last fall, I taught myself how to crochet.  It was after my mom's cancer diagnosis and treatment but before she lost her hair.  (BTW, she is a fighter and survivor and her hair is back).  I made her a few hats, a scarf and a shawl.  Fast forward a couple of months to when I joined Pinterest.  Oh my - did I ever find cute patterns on there!  Then my son made friends with a couple with a 14 month old baby girl.  That gave me an excuse reason to try out a couple of owl patterns.  I whipped them up, mailed them to him and got the most adorable picture back.  I can't share that picture, but here are the gifts I made and mailed:

 
I shared the above picture on facebook and a few months later, a friend asked me to made a couple of newborn hats for her to give as baby shower gifts.  Here they are:
 
 
Thanks to facebook, I am not in the process of filling orders for 6 more hats (sizes newborn to 3-1/2 years) and 1 purse.  So now I spend my evenings wrapped in yarn with a hook in my had while watching tv.  Love it!  I have tons of cute patterns, but everyone loves this owl. 


2 comments:

Paula Touhey said...

I just found your blog and feel in love with the owl hat and purse. Do you still have the pattern for the purse? It isn't available on your site. Thanks.

Tawnya Bonnell said...

Hi Paula. I purchased the pattern on etsy, but it appears to be no longer available. If you email me, I will send the pdf to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails