Saturday, September 8, 2012

My favorite pattern is probably polka-dots.  Chevron is coming on strong and I love bright colors with lots of white space.  That's a big change from the "country" of the 80s and 90s.  With that being said, I must admit, that I still have a fondness for some gingham prints.  And even though, I think Stampin' Up!'s Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set is country, I still think it's pretty cute, especially when paired with the gingham prints from Orchard Harvest Designer Paper. 
 
So when I saw this adorable card by Debra Currier, I "oohed and ahhed" until I made my own.  The only things I changed were to leave off the sentiment (I'm stocked on thank you cards) and replace the Raspberry Ripple strip of card stock with ribbon.  I used some of the free "Back to Spool" ribbon (see here for details).
 


 
Stamp Set:  Perfectly Preserved
Card Stock:  crumb cake, island indigo, whisper white, more mustard, early espresso, orchard harvest dsp
Stamp Pads:  early espresso, island indigo, raspberry ripple, gumball green
Other:  cannery framelits, big shot, raspberry ripple 3/8" stitched satin ribbon, dimensionals, glue dot, boho blossoms punch, itty bitty shapes pack punch, itty bitty buttons, early espresso baker's twine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails