Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms Christmas Bird

I hope you're not getting tired of Betsy's Blossoms yet.  I think I have used this stamp set more than any other; especially in the short time I've owned it.  I've made a large variety of cards with it and love every one of them!
 
I saw a new twist for this stamp set on Pinterest just the other day - a Christmas card.  Here's the link to the original card.  I was able to get 5 cards out of one 4.25" cut of my designer paper so I'm making a few more.  That will take me to 120 completed Christmas cards.  That's how many we mailed last year.  So it looks like I am just about finished.
 
This was my first time to try the "out of the box" technique.  The whole leaf and stem stamp is not hand cut - just the part that hangs over the edge.  This tutorial on splitcoast shows how to do it with nestibilies (aka framelits).  Instead of a framelit shape, I wanted a straight line cut, so I used my personal trimmer. 


 
 

Stamp Sets:  Curly Cute, Betsy's Blossoms, More Merry Messages (inside)
Card Stock:  whisper white, cherry cobbler (inside), be of good cheer dsp
Stamp Pads:  gumball green, cherry cobbler
Other:  basic rhinestones, red BIC marker (not SU) to color the rhinestones , dimensionals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails