Friday, August 10, 2012

First Edition Pleasant Poppies

I was surprised how much I liked this big Pleasant Poppies background stamp.  I don't think it's my typical style.  But I kept seeing really pretty samples with it, so I ordered it.  This is the second card I've made with it already and they are very different from each other.  I will share the other later - it's currently on my Card Buffet.

I had printed this lovely card to CASE, but I got busy with lots of family fun and didn't stamp for a few days.  Yesterday, I prepared the birthday and anniversary cards that I want to mail in September and ran out of anniversary cards.  I thought the card already waiting on my stamping counter would be perfect.  And I love it!

Instead of opening a spool of the new style Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, I decided to use up this old style (with the white edging).  Every time a new product comes out, you can usually find blog posts and videos with ideas on how to use it.  This is true for the new framelits.  If you are cutting one that will not be stamped - no problem.  But if you want it stamped in and the stamping to be centered, it's a different story.  I did the first trick that I could recall and it worked.  First, I stamped the sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) on the Lucky Limeade card stock.  Next, I layered the framelit over it (cutting edge down) and tried to center it.  To keep it in place while I put the clear plate over it and ran it through the Big Shot, I stuck a small piece of painters' tape over it; making sure it was on both the framelit and the card stock.  It worked and there's no sticky residue on my card stock or framelit.



Stamp Sets:  Pleasant Poppies, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  lucky limeade, basic black, first edition specialty
Stamp Pads:  black stazon
Other:  riding hood red taffeta ribbon, riding hood red & lucky limeade markers, dimensionals, bitty banners framelits.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails