Thursday, July 12, 2012

Two "Firsts" with Just Believe

I did two things for the first time when making this card.  I sewed on the card.  Not faux stitching with paper piercer and gel pen, but real stitching with my sewing machine.  I actually think the machine may be faster.  Anyway, I love the look and the texture that it adds. 

The other first is I dyed the ribbon.  Originally, this was Whisper White Organza Ribbon. Although I do have some retired Poppy Parade ribbon left, I thought the organza fit the style of the card better.  I've seen that people had done this before, but I had never tried it.  I am so messy with paint and inks that I thought it would be a hassle.  But it wasn't.  The ribbon took the ink very well and dried surprisingly fast.  I simply inked up a sponge and rubbed it on the ribbon.  It's a good tip to keep in mind when you don't have matching ribbon.  Plus, organza is a less expensive ribbon.





I saw the original card on Pinterest, but here's a direct link to the one that inspired me to try two new techniques.

Stamp Sets:  Just Believe, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  whisper white, poppy parade (retired)
Stamp Pad:  poppy parade (retired)
Other:  whisper white organza ribbon, sponge, boho blossoms punch, white brads, beautiful wings embosslit, big shot, glue dots.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails