Thursday, July 5, 2012

Raining Flowers and Lots of Squares, Colors & Textures

This card really has a lot going on.  So many different colors, textures and shapes.  It was fun to make, but it's definitely not one you can whip out in just a few minutes.  When I was done, I was surprised to see how much stuff I had gotten out.  Since it was out ... I figured I might as well make a couple more for my stash.

To get the dimension on the center flower, I stamped it twice and hand cut it at different places and layered the smaller one over the larger.  Yes - I know a lot of you don't like hand cutting.  I recently heard this called "fussy cutting" and laughed because of the double meaning  (many stampers get fussy when they have to hand cut). 

Over the last three days, I made my 6 new sample cards for my July Card Buffet.  So today, I can free stamp.  I think I will pull the Raining Flowers stamp set back out.  Wouldn't it be nice if using that stamp set would make it actually rain?!


I CASEd this card; but made the squares larger, left off the sentiment and added the Little Leaves Sizzlet.

Stamp Set:  Raining Flowers
Card Stock:  Island Indigo, pool party, lucky limeade, regals designer stack (more mustard)
Stamp Pad:  island indigo
Other:  perfect polka-dots ef, fancy fan ef, argyle, ef, square lattice ef, little leaves sizzlet, big shot, regals buttons, dimensionals, glue dot, whisper white baker's twine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails