Monday, July 2, 2012

Christmas in July - Bright Hopes

What did I do on a scorching summer weekend when my husband was working?  I made Christmas cards, of course.  And not just any Christmas cards, but very time consuming Christmas cards.  That's one of the advantages to making a match each month - I'm not rushed at the last minute and can make cards with a lot of details.  I still like clean and simple - it's just nice to have options.  I now have 70
completed Christmas cards.  50 to go.

I chose to CASE this card from Stampercamper, using the Bright Hopes Stamp Set and Snowburst Embossing Folder from the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog.




Yes - I actually dry embossed a panel for the inside of the card and added a little strip of the Silver Glimmer Paper.  I even heat embossed a pewter snowflake on the front and back side of the envelope.  Did I mention that this card was time consuming?  But definitely worth it, don't you think?!


 I made twelve of these cards from one pack of Silver Glimmer Paper.  And I had large scraps left over.  So I CASEd another of Stampercampers designs and made twelve of these also.  I like the first one better, but this one is very striking, also!


Stamp Set:  Bright Hopes
Card Stock:  whisper white, silver glimmer
Stamp Pads:  versamark, basic gray
Other:  snowburst ef, big shot, petal cone die, ovals die, dimensionals (lots of them!), rhinestones, whisper white organdy ribbon, whisper white 3/8" taffeta ribbon glue dots, towbow glue, pewter embossing powder, heat tool.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails