Monday, July 9, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms Sunburst Card

I think the flower image in this card looks like a sunburst.  To get the two-tone look, I did the "rock-n-roll" technique.  First I inked the stamp in daffodil delight ink, then rolled the edges of it around in the tangerine stamp pad.  When doing this it's important to remember two things:  1.  Always start with the lighter color for the whole image and roll in the darker ink second.  You do not want your darker ink getting in your lighter ink pad!  2.  Clean the stamp between each use (same reason).

I have a friend that is taking care of her elderly mother and I wanted to give her an uplifting card so I made this just for her.


CASEd from Ba-da-bing.  She is so cute!


Stamp Sets:  Betsy's Blossoms, Fabulous Phrases
Card Stock:  tangerine tango, whisper white
Stamp Pads:  daffodil delight, tangerine tango, rich razzleberry
Other:  dimensionals, limeade brad, limeade ruffled ribbon, nestibility (not SU), big shot, 2-1/2" circle punch.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails