Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Graduation Money Holder Card

I just love this money holder.  I think the design is pretty cool and you know how much I love the Owl Builder Punch.  The glasses are such a simple idea that I probably never would have thought up - just cut a tiny strip of card stock and glue it on the owl's head, then punch the largest circles from the same color (red in this case) and glue them on the strip.  Voila - glasses!  The Daffodil Yellow strip is a "belly band".  It slides off for the card to open.  The bottom is a pocket for cash or a check and there's room at the top for a message.  It fits in the open-end envelopes, which are, unfortunately, being discontinued May 31 (and have already sold out). 

I offered this at my April and May card buffets.  It was funny at one of the sessions in May.  Several of us know the same people and were calling "dibs" on which graduates we were going to give them to.

P.S.  The $1 bill if for display purposes only.  I'm really not that cheap  ☺



Stamp Set:  Curly Cute
Card Stock:  real red, whisper white, daffodil delight, scrap daffodil delight dsp, basic black, first edition dsp
Stamp Pad:  real red
Other:  Owl Builder Punch, circles #2 die, big shot, 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, dimensionals, sticky strip, simply scored.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails