Friday, May 25, 2012

Baroque Motifs - Soon to Retire

This card uses Barogue Motifs stamp set which retires in just 6 days.
I saw this card on Pinterest and thought it was pretty.  The supplies used were not Stampin' Up!, but I thought I could switch them out pretty easily.  I was trying to design cards for a Card Buffet and decided to try this one.  I make 6 new cards for the buffet each month and I try to balance style, ease, colors, theme, etc This card would round out the other options.  But once I made it, I wasn't too crazy about it.  However, I decided to include in on the Buffet because everybody has different likes.  As it turned out, it was one of the most popular cards.  Ever!  So funny - it goes to show what I know. 
Stamp Set:  Baroque Motifs
Card Stock:  whisper white, wisteria wonder
Stamp Pads:  wisteria wonder, pear pizzazz
Other:  big shot, beautiful butterflies embosslit

A week or so ago, I mentioned that my hubby and I had gone on a vacation to Hollywood Beach Florida.  I thought I would share a few pictures. 

We ate breakfast at our hotel every morning.  The restaurant had tables right on the boardwalk.


After breakfast we would walk the boardwalk until it ended, then walk further on the beach.  We usually walked 5-8 miles each morning and at least 12-15 miles for the day.


Our afternoons were mostly spent at the hotel pool which overlooked the ocean.  Just looking at these pictures makes me want to go back.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails