Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whatever Wednesday - Shadow Box Doilies

Today I made a monochromatic square card.  I like square cards - that should be no surprise since I like my things to be neat and tidy. But a problem with square cards is that they require extra postage.  It's also a little more cost effective to use 12x12 card stock for your card base and larger  layers.

For this card, I made a template out of acetate.  I cut a square piece of acetate and drew a rectangle in it using my quilter's ruler.  I cut out the rectangle with my craft knife - this made a window in the acetate.  I placed dotto on the one side of the acetate template and adhered it to the whisper white card stock, positioning it where I wanted to sponge the rectangle.  Then I sponged and stamped.  When I removed the template, there was a tiny bit of dotto left on the white card stock, but it removed very easily with my eraser.

The "pro" to using acetate for templates is you can see exactly where you are placing it on your card piece.  The "con" is ink does not soak into it and you have to be careful to not transfer the ink to unwanted places.  You need to try to keep your fingers clean and not lay the inked template on anything or where anything will be laid on it.  You can wipe it off and reuse it; start your own little library of hand-made templates.


CASEd from here.
Stamp Sets:  Delicate Doilies, Short & Sweet
Card Stock:  whisper white, concord crush
Stamp Pads:  concord crush, wisteria wonder
Other:  acetate, craft knife, dotto, eraser, stampin' sponge, dimensionals, rhinestone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails