Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whatever Wednesday - Mixed Bunch and Lattice Die

The intended idea for "Whatever Wednesday" is to make and share whatever suits my fancy.  Well, right now, my stamping area is a bit of a mess.  Too many WIPs (works in progress).  So for the "whatever", I decided to use whatever is already out.  I know - that's pretty sad.  But fortunately, I had several really cool things out!  And this is what I made with them.  The only thing that wasn't out from other projects from the past few days, was the First Edition Designer Paper.   I'm not sure if this is being efficient or lazy.  I think I'll go with efficient.  ☺

The card that I CASEd here is really pretty and I only made 2 very minor changes.  Instead of simply stamping the flower in black ink, I stamped it with versamark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder (oh yeah, that stuff wasn't already out).  I think it is sometimes difficult to get large images to be crisp when stamped in black.  Also - I very rarely stamp on colored card stock.  The main reason for this is that colored card stock is more porous than Whisper White and Very Vanilla so the ink soaks in and, again, the image isn't sharp enough.  I think that heat embossing solved both of those issues.  Instead of one larger pearl in the center, I used several smaller pearls.



Stamp Set:  Mixed Bunch
Card Stock:  very vanilla, pool party, basic black, pear pizzazz, first edition specialty paper
Stamp Pad:  versa mark
Other:  black embossing powder, heat tool, dimensionals, bouquet punch, build-a-blossom punch (for leaves), pearls, pool party ruffled ribbon, lattice die, big shot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails