Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello, Doily

Hello, Doily is a background stamp that is new to the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog.  Background stamps are not always easy to use for a Card Buffet and I certainly don't need anymore (kind of feel like embossing folders have replaced them) so I had no intentions of ordering it.  But then I kept reading how nicely it heat embossed and seeing beautiful cards like this one on Card Scraps Blog.  And before I knew it, the stamp had made its way into one of my Stampin' Up! boxes. I'm glad it did, too.  Look what I made:


Colors for the top card are Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.  The bottom card features Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White.  For each, I stamped the image with versamark ink and heat embossed with whisper white embossing powder.  I then sponged ink over the whole panel; the embossed areas resist the ink.  For the Soft Suede, I also used my Spritzer Tool and Soft Suede Marker.

Stamp Sets:  Hello Doily, Perfectly Penned (another stamp set I thought I would live without)
Card Stock:  soft suede, very vanilla, wisteria wonder, whisper white
Stamp Pads:  versamark, soft suede, wisteria wonder
Other:  soft suede marker, spritzer tool, stampin' sponges, whisper white embossing powder, heat gun, xl oval punch, lots of tags sizzlet, big shot, very vanilla satin ribbon, whisper white organza ribbon, dimensionals, glue dot, buttons, whisper white baker's twine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails