Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Non Traditional Colors - Come to Bethlehem

Just in case you've been wondering where I have been, I thought I would share a few non-card pictures.


Kyle, our youngest of 3, graduated from Miami University on Friday.  You may remember that I showed our kids' triple graduation picture just 2-1/2 years ago - that included Kyle's high school graduation.   Yep - he graduated a year and a half early.  He has been offered an internship with The Heritage Foundation and will be moving back to Washington D.C. next month.

 My two handsome Miami Grads!
My parents also attended commencements (and the Open House on Saturday).  Mom wasn't feeling too well (one more chemo treatment to go), but she wouldn't let it stop her from being there.  ♥


Now, onto why you really stopped in.  ☺  I had seen this card on Stampin for Sanity and it really appealed to me.  I love this stamp set and wanted to use it again this year.  Renee used Bravo Burgundy craft ink for the embossing.  I don't have that color craft pad {gasp}.  Since the ribbon is Cherry Cobbler, I thought I could substitute VersaMark Ink and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  But it's just not the same.  {sigh}.  However, it is better than the photo - the card stock, embossing and ribbon actually do match.  But it still didn't make my "more more" stack.  What's funny, though, when my mom saw my stack of Christmas card samples, this was her favorite.  Goes to show that we all have different tastes.

Stamp Set:  Come to Bethlehem
Card Stock:  baja breeze, cherry cobbler, river rock
Stamp Pads:  versamark, cherry cobbler
Other:  square lattice embossing folder, big shot, cherry cobbler embossing powder, heat tool, rhinestone, cherry cobbler 1/2" quilted satin ribbon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails