Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whatever Wednesday - Create-a-Cupcake

My dad's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and my mom brought one of his cards to me because she thought it would inspire me to make a card.  I don't know what was funnier - that she presumed something would inspire me or that she was right.  In truth, I had already eyed this card and my wheels were turning.

This is the store bought card Dad received:
There are cupcake-shaped cut-outs on the front and the actual cupcake images are on the inside of the card.
 Here is my version:

The stamped cupcake is on the inside of the card, but I punched a circle on the card front so you can see it when the card is opened and when it is closed.  When the card is closed flat, the white circle and cupcake are centered in the red scallop and you do not see the yellow scallop that is on the inside of the card.

Stamp Set:  Create a Cupcake
Card Stock:  tempting turquoise, real red, daffodil yellow, whisper white, big top birthday dsp
Stamp Pads:  real red (sentiment inside), daffodil yellow, tempting turquoise
Punches:  1-3/4" circle, 2-3/8" scallop circle, bitty shapes pack, cupcake builder
Other:  real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, dimensional, rhinestone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails