Friday, September 2, 2011

Flashback Friday - On a Pedestal

Someone has offered to adopt this retired stamp set into their collection.  There are a few more cards I would like to make with it before it goes; this was one of them.
CASEd from here.

Tip:  Sometimes I think the embossing folders (the square lattice particularly) "shrink" my card stock.  The problem is usually in length.  I have begun cutting my card stock 1/8" longer than I need it and it has helped.  Rarely do I need to trim it down, which isn't a problem anyway.

Another tip:  Do you every have problems with the layers coming apart when one is dry embossed?  Instead of my tape runner (snail adhesive), I've been using the Tombow Multipurpose Liguid Glue from the SU! catalog on the embossed layer.  Problem solved! 

Stamp Set:  On a Pedestal
Card Stock:  chocolate chip, whisper white, pretty in pink, so saffron, bashful blue, nursery suite dsp
Stamp Pads:  basful blue, chocolate chip
Other:  pretty in pink, so saffron & chocolate chip markers, square lattice ef, big shot, scallop edge punch, mat pack, paper piercer, glue, dimensionals, so saffron 1/2 striped grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails