Friday, September 23, 2011

Flashback Friday - Birthday Bakery

With all of my workshops and personal stamping last year, I went through nearly 3 packs of Candy Cane Specialty Paper.  Two of the designs have glitter on them.  I would've loved to buy just those pieces!  I broke down and allowed myself to squeeze 2 cards out of my leftover scraps this morning.

Red and blue are not typical Christmas colors, but for some reason, this birthday card looks Christmasy to me.  Does it to you?  Maybe it's just because I know that the reverse side has a Christmas print.  I'll probably still hold onto these until December.

To color the cakes, I used a blender pen and picked up ink from the lids of the stamp pads.  The white areas of the cakes have dazzling diamonds glitter.


CASEd from mamamostamps on Splitcoast here.  I like  a lot of here stamps; particulary her CASd designs.

Stamp Set:  Birthday Bakery (retires hostess)
Card Stock:  baja breeze, real red, whisper white, candy cane specialty
Stamp Pads:  black stazon, real red, baja breeze, basic gray
Other:  scallop border punch, button, blender pen, glue pen, dazzling diamonds, whisper white baker's twine, blue dot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails