Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten Minute Tuesday - Birthday Balloons

I've been taking my card photos outside the past few weeks and am so much happier with the way they turn out.  Today is breezy and my card is lighweight so I had to keep chasing it around the table and setting it back up.  Kind of funny.  I know I need to be figuring out a light box or some other solution for the upcoming winter days but I hadn't considered windy days.

I loved this card when I first saw it.  Mamamostamps makes beautiful Clean And Simple (CAS) cards that are not stark.  And since Tuesdays are for quick cards, they are likely to be CAS.

To make the black box, I cut a piece of black card stock 2.5"x3.75" to use as a template.  I laid it on my white piece (3"x4.25") and lightly traced in pencil just the section where I wanted to stamp the "happy birthday".  I stamped it, then used the template to trace with my basic black marker, avoiding the stamped sentiment.  I made a few extra cards and looked at my first for alignment and didn't use the pencil.  The balloons are hand cut and popped up on dimensionals.



Stamp Set:  Party this Way
Card Stock:  whisper white
Stamp Pads:  tempting turquoise, daffodil delight, old olive
Other:  rhinestones, basic black marker, dimensionals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails