Monday, July 11, 2011

Mini Monday - The Open Sea

I've been trying to figure out a solution for two small issues I am having. 
  1. The first issue is I'm having difficulty posting to my blog on a regular basis.  This is usually when I am prepping a Stamp-A-Stack or Card Buffet; even though I am stamping, I prefer to share the projects after the workshop and I don't usually have time to make 2 projects during that time. 
  2. The other problem is that I get excited about new stamp sets in the Mini Catalog, order them, then don't get around to using them much (or at all) before the end of the Mini.  Those of you that came to my Open House - did you notice how many of my retired stamp sets had not even been mounted?  Crazy! 
Possible solutions:  I thought to post more often, maybe a planned theme would help; to create and share certain types of of projects or use particular tools on specific days.  For example:  Use products from the current mini catalog for projects to post on Mondays and call it "Mini Monday".  That example is a possible solution for the second dilemma.

So ... welcome to my first Mini Monday.  I've used the stamp set The Open Sea from the Summer Mini Catalog as well as Nautical Expressions Designer Series Paper.  The Early Espresso Baker's Twine was also introduced in the summer mini but has been carried over into the new Idea Book & Catalog.

I do have 3 more themed days planned.  Wishing me luck in sticking with it!

CASEd from Mary Brown's card.

Stamp Sets:  The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  not quite navy, cherry cobbler, basic gray, whisper white, nautical expeditions dsp
Stamp Pads:  early espresso, not quite navy, cherry cobbler
Punches:  2-1/2" circle, 1-1/4" circle, 1-3/8" circle, 3/4" circle, word window, modern label
Other:  early espresso baker's twine, dimensionals, nestibilities, brown brad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails