Saturday, June 25, 2011

BIG Cupcake With a Cherry On Top

I received an update from Stampin' Up! announcing that a few things had been left off of the Last Chance Stamp List.  Simple Birthday Thanks was on the list. 

The day after learning this stamp was retiring, I saw this card on the fabulous Inking Idaho blog. I paper pieced the cupcake. I've seen icing dry embossed before and think it looks so yummy. The cherry is cut separtely and I added crystal effects to make it shiny. This is a very elegant birthday card, don't you think?


Simple Birthday Thanks is one very large stamp (sized like the background stamps). Inside the cupcake bottom is a fill-in-the-blank child's thank you note. My childresn are all grown-up (plus I would not have let them send this kind of thank you note), but I did think the cupcake was really cute. So I bought it, and before I mounted the rubber, I cut out the note part.


Stamp Sets:  Simple Birthday Thanks (retiring 6/30/11), On Your Birthday
Card Stock:  very vanilla, basic black, cherry cobbler, early espresso, love letters dsp (retiring 6/30/11)
Stamp Pad:  black staz-on
Other:  cherry cobbler 1/2" seam binding ribbon (returning 7/1/11), pearls, elegant lines embossing folder, big shot, small oval punch (retired), dimensionals, cystal effects.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails