Friday, June 10, 2011

Baja Breeze Fancy Flowers

I was feeling pretty under the weather Wednesday.  I felt much better yesterday, but thought that making a pretty card might speed up the recovery process.  I was right!  Here's my pretty card:

This card caught my eye here on Stampin' with Laurie's blog.  The blue probably had something to do with that.

I used the Flower Fancy stamp set which is a two-stamp set.  The outline and the filler stamp are separate stamps - making it easier to use two colors.  First I stamped the outline with early espresso ink.  Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I then stamped the inside stamp with baja breeze ink.  For the leaves, I only used Old Olive ink, but I "stamped off" the filler stamp so it wouldn't be as dark as the outline.

I used the same process to stamp just the center of the stamps on scrap cardstock.  Then I applied my two-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter, cut it out and popped it up on the flowers on the main panel.

 I decorated the inside of the card with different stamps from the same set.


Stamp Set:  Flower Fancy, Tiny Tags
Card Stock:  baja breeze, early espresso, whisper white
Stamp Pads:  early espresso, baja breeze, old olive
Other:  early espresso 3/8" taffeta ribbon, jewelry tag punch, dimensionals, two-way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, baja breeze & old olive markers (for the inside stamp).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails