Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anniversary Bikini

This past Thursday, June 2, was our wedding anniversary.  As you can tell from the photo, we've been married a long time.  And it just keeps getting better!

 This is the front side of the anniversary card I made for my handsome groom.
 The back ...
 What it looks like opened. 
I had seen lots of bikini cards on the internet and knew I wanted to make one.  I also hoped I could find a template instead of trying to figure it out on my own.  I found one.  Here's a link in case you want to make your own.

Jeff and I love tropical vacations, so this designer paper from last summer's mini was perfect.  I also used the retired Blush Blossom card stock.  To make the "lace", I cut 3/4" strips of the designer paper and used the Scallop Border Punch on the whole 12" side.  I cut slits in the straight edge about every 1/2" or less.  The slits allowed it to curve to the shape of the bikini pieces without puckering.  I ran my tape runner on the back edges of the bikini pieces and shaped the scalloped strip to it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails