Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sew Suite Mother's Day

Before you say anything - I know this isn't a Mother's Day card.  But it is just like the Mother's Day card that I made for Jeff to mail to his mom.  I gave it to him without taking a picture...and I still had the stuff out...and I always mail a birthday card to a seamstress friend...so I made another card, but switched the greetings.

I really grew to like the sewing themed products from the Occasions Mini Cataglog.  I wish I had used them more before they retired.  I hope to see them return in the new Idea Book and Catalog -- just 2 more months.
I stamped the dress form on a piece of scrap designer paper and cut it out to layer over the main stamped image; this is called paper piecing.  I wanted to raise the piece on dimensionals, but since dsp isn't quite as sturdy as card stock, I mounted it on white card stock, before cutting it out.  This made is stiff enough to be raised without waving.
CASEd from here.

Stamp Sets:  Sew Suite, Something to Celebrate.
Card Stock:  daffodil delight, melon mambo, whisper white, sweet stitches dsp
Stamp Pads:  melon mambo, daffodil delight, black staz-on
Other:  daffodil delight 3/8" taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, itty bitty punch pack, pearl, glue dot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails