Saturday, April 30, 2011

Word Play Graduation Card

Since Stampin' Up! doesn't currently have a stamp set designed specifically for gradutions, I decided to work with the Word Play stamp set.  I think this is a great sentiment for graduates.  I made this card Thursday evening.  Friday morning, I found out that this stamp set is one that is 30% off in May.  Great timing!  Expect to see more "Word Play" cards at the May Stamp-a-Stack.

This card is nothing like I had envisioned when I started.  I can't say that I like it, but it's too good for the trash bin.  Maybe it needs more circles (love the inlaid embossing!).  It would be fun to make it in school colors.
Stamp Set:  Word Play
Card Stock:  whisper white, basic black, real red, basic gray
Stamp Pads:  real red, basic gray
Other:  dimensionals, silver brads, paper piercer & mat pack (for brad placement), square lattice embossing folder, big shot, 1-1/4" and 1" circle punches.








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails