Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet & Sour Birthday Owl

Saturday was a special friend's birthday.  And to help this friend bond with her newly acquired owl punch, I had to make an owl birthday card.  Here it is.  BTW, she loves it!  Mission accomplished.  ☺



To make the balloons, I used the 3/4" x 15/16" oval punch (120908, $10.95).  It is not in the catalog but carried over from the Holiday Mini Catalog and is available to order.  I then used a scrap of card stock to punch out a foot from the owl punch - I adhered it to the back of the oval  to look like the part of the balloon below where you tie the knot.

Did you notice that my owl has wings?  I punched a 1-3/4 scallop circle.  Cut it in 1/2 - one for each wing.  That was too big, so I cut off one row of scallops from each 1/2.  So each wing has 5 scallops.

CASEd from kbpapercrafts.

Stamp Sets:  Perfect Punches, Bitty Birthday, Punch Bunch
Card Stock:  very vanilla, soft suede, rose red, pumpkin pie, whisper white, basic black, sweet & sour dsp
Stamp Pads:  rose red, soft suede, pumpkin pie
Other:  rose red, pumpkin pie & soft suede markers, pumpkin pie 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, dimensionals, glue dots, square lattice embossing folder, big shot, orange adhesive glue dots (not SU), wide oval punch, owl punch, smallest oval punch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails