Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shiny Motorcyle Birthday

Today is my son-in-law's birthday and this is the card I made to send to him.  I am so excited about the way it came out!  Manly cards aren't the easiest to come up with so I made a few more before putting my supplies away. 

What's the shiny layer?  Aluminum foil!  I covered a piece of white card stock with glue stick.  I then laid it on the back side of the foil.  I smoothed it out and cut it to the sizes I wanted.  There were a few wrinkles in the foil, but when I ran them through the big shot, they all pressed out and I was left with just the embossing folder texture.




I found this card on the SU! demonstrator website.

Stamp Sets:  Motorcycle single stamp from the 2010 Summer Mini Catalog, On Your Birthday, Bitty Birthday (retired)
Card Stock:  basic black, whisper white,
Stamp Pads:  black staz-on, basic gray
Other:  aluminum foil, glue stick, square lattice embossing folder, big shot, dimensionals, black brads

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails