Friday, April 8, 2011

Sew Suite Gem

The Sew Suite line in the Occasions Mini Catalog is a line that didn't do much for me ... at first...now I love it all!  Since the Mini is over soon (April 30), I hope to see these products in the new catalog in July.

Isn't this card so happy and fun?!  I "paper pieced" the dress form.  (I stamped it on a scrap piece of designer paper, cut it out and adhered it to the main stamped image).  I think the rhinestones at the waist are a cute touch. 


In addition to the clear rhinestones at the waist, did you notice the black ones as feet of the stand?  Several months ago, I heard about coloring clear rhinestones with Bic Permanent Markers - any color.  I had some markers, so I gave it a try.  It worked.  I colored them before removing them from the plastic sheet.  It didn't take them long to dry and they don't smear.  Now I can have rhinestones in whatever color I have markers.  Cool!
 There are probably other markers that work, but here is the kind I used.

CASEd from here.

Stamp Sets:  Sew Suite, You're a Gem
Card Stock:  melon mambo, wild wasabi, whisper white, sweet stitches dsp
Stamp Pad:  black staz-on
Other:  clear rhinestones, permanent marker, dimensionals, 1" circle punch, whisper white 5/8" organza ribbon, perfect polka-dots embossing folder, big shot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails