Monday, April 25, 2011

Lattice Cross Easter Card

I'm sorry I've been an absent blogger for a few days.  We took a quick road trip to pick our son up.  He completed his internship in Washington DC.  It so great to have him home for awhile!

This is the other Easter card that I made to send out to family and friends.  I was definitely completing them last minute (just mailed them Thursday).


 To make the cross, I used the Bigz Lattice Die to cut a die in soft suede card stock.  When you turn the die on a diagonal (right side of picture), you can make out the cross shape a little better.
 I crudely cut off unwanted pieces from one side (left side of photo), then the other (middle).  This made it easier to see where I needed to trim without accidentally cutting off too much.  I then cut off the rest of the unwanted pieces, revealing the cross.  If you need more details, here's a video on the DoStamping blog.
My card was CASEd from Artfelt Impressions blog.

Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Great Friend, God's Blessings
Card Stock:  soft suede, so saffron, very vanilla, wild wasabi
Stamp Pads:  soft suede, wild wasabi, so saffron
Other:  Bigz Lattice die, nestibilities, leaf sizzlet, big shot, dimensionals, glue dots, very vanilla 1/8" taffeta ribbon, bitty punch pack, rhinestone, sponge.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails