Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Chicks

Although I had sent an Easter card to their family, this year I wanted to send a separate card to each of my grandchildren.  This is what I made for them.  They were fun and quick to make.  Aren't they so cute?!

 CASEd from here.
Stamp Set:  Well Scripted (retired)
Card Stock:  daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, whisper white, pink pirouette, basic black.
Stamp Pads:  daffodil delight, pretty in pink
Other:  pumpkin pie & pretty in pink 3/8" taffeta ribbon, tombow glue, white gel pen, scallop circle bigz die, big shot, circle nestabilities, dimensionals, glue dot, white gel pen, stampin' pastels (chalk), sponge dauber.
Punches:  5-Petal Flower (cut of 3 petals for feet and 2 for head feathers), sponges, 3/4" circle (for white of eyes and eyelids - cut in 1/2), 1/2" circle (for black of eyes).


More chicks:  We spent most of Good Friday and Saturday in the car.  When we take road trips, Jeff does all of the driving.  I had a couple of books downloaded to my kindle, but I don't like to read in the car.  So to keep my hands busy, I took supplies to make these little chicks.  Don't look too closely - if something is crooked or glue is showing, I blame it on the constant rain and/or bumpy roads.  :0)

The second photo shows their backsides and how I sandwiched Dove Chocolate in the middle.  I made 39 of these to pass out at church Sunday.

CASEd from here.
Card Stock:  pink pirouette, so saffron, pumpkin pie, whisper white, basic black
Stamp Pads:  pretty in pink, so saffron
Other:  white gel pen, tombow glue, dimensionals, sponges.
Punches:  1-3/4" scallop circle (body and wings), boho blossoms (middle sized flower for feet and head and tail feathers), 1/2" circle (eyes and eyelids), bitty punch back (circle for black of eyes).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails