Friday, February 4, 2011

Emma's Valentine Suckers

Last weekend was a big grandchild craft weekend.  In addition to the Owl Post-It holders I shared yesterday, I also made Emma's class Valentines.  I had seen a photo on the demonstrator web site and Emma liked them.  That's all it takes!

Cut the card stock to 5.75" x 2.75".  You can get 5 out of one piece of 8.5" x 11" card stock.
Score at 2.5", 5" and 5.5". 
Using the crop-a-dile, punch a 1/8" hole in the center of the 1/2" strip.  There's a 1/4" strip at the end that doesn't show in this photo.  It folds up to stick to the front panel.  Read on - you'll see.

I don't know how the schools do it now, but when I was young and when our kids were young, we could only write who the Valentines were from.  So for these, I used one of my to/from stamps and just inked the "from:" with a black marker.
The Large Heart Punch (or any punch for that matter) will only cut through one layer of card stock at a time.  First I stamped on the white card stock - then punched the heart out of the center.  I then held that piece centered on the front of the colored piece and traced the heart.  I punched that heart and adhered the two layers.  Easier than it sounds.



I used a glue dot to adhere the front flap to the little 1/4" flap and another one to attach the bow.



Stamp Sets:  Sweetheart, Tags til Christmas.
Card Stock:  whisper white, pretty in pink, regal rose, melon mambo, real red.
Stamp Pad:  staz-on black
Other:  full heart punch, glue dots, suckers, real red and pretty in pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, crop-a-dile.

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails