Friday, February 11, 2011

Build-a-Bear Get Well

A friend from church shared about her friend's little girl having serious surgery.  This little girl was more concerned about the other children in the hospital than  herself.  How sweet!  I made this card to send to her.  I hope she likes it.


I CASEd this card from here.  I changed the gift and balloon to the flower and left off the party hat.  I thought the card needed more color, so I paper pierced the bear's dress.  I stamped the bear on a scrap of designer paper (to match the paper already on the card), I then hand-cut the dress out and adhered it to the bear that I had stamped on the white top note.  I like it like this!

To color the bear, I used a trick I recently learned.  I scribbled a marker on a clear block and picked up the color with a blender pen.  It's practically the same as using the inside of a stamp pad lid, but a little quicker for such a small amount.

Stamp Sets:  Beary Best Friends, Beary Nice Wishes
Card Stock:  sahara sand, whisper pack, in-color patterns pack dsp
Stamp Pads:  black staz-on, blushing bride
Markers:  creamy caramel (retired), basic black, blushing bride, pear pizzazz
Other:  top note die, framed tulip embossing folder, big shot, sticky strip, blushing bride ribbon, dimensionals, blender pen, clear block, sponge.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails