Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bugs & Kisses for Will's Birthday

Today is my grandson's 5th birthday.  This is the card I made for him.  I have to confess, though -- I took the clip off before I mailed the card to him.  He's very sweet, but pretty ornery, too.  I was afraid of what he might do with the clip.  It may seem silly to you, but I'm pretty sure that 2 dogs, a cat, a guinea pig and a gerbil appreciate my caution!  ☺


CASEd from here.

This is one of those times I am so glad I held on to some retired items; Muirfiled dsp, Taken with Teal card stock and Riding Hood Red ribbon.  I just knew the perfect card would come along for them.  I had enough to made 3 more cards for my stash.  Yay - because I think it is super cute!  There are a lot of layers and details to this card, but it was fun to make.  To make the birthday hat small enough, I had to stamp it on scrap paper, cut it down, then adhere it to the panel.

Stamp Sets:  Bugs & Kisses, A Little Birthday Cheer, Party Hearty (hat)
Card Stock:  taken with teal (retired), baja breeze, riding hood red, whisper white, muirfield dsp (retired)
Stamp Pads:  riding hood red, baja breeze, taken with teal (retired)
Other:  mat pack, paper piercer, riding hood red ribbon (retired), silver brads, assorted clips, tag corner punch, dimensionals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails