Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Got Cupcakes?

I am in need of feminine birthday cards for 3 different places.  I have the red/pink sheets from the Candy Cane Specialty Paper left over from the collage workshops.  I saw this card on the StamperCamper blog and really liked it.  Sounds like a no-brainer, doesn't it?!  So I made it and like it even better than the original photo.

Usually I "test" how straight a sentiment stamp is mounted before I stamp on my project.  I did that this time and still stamped the "happy birthday" crooked.  Of course, this is more likely to happen when I stamp directly on the card base and can't flip it.  To not waste it, I stamped again on scrap paper, punched it out and covered my mistake.  Just one of those little trade secrets ...




Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Got Treats, A Little Birthday Cheer (retired), Sweet Little Sentiments (retired).  Card Stock:  blushing bride, real red, chocolate chip, Candy Cane Christmas specialty.  Stamp Pad:  real red.  Accessories:  real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, chocolate chip & real red markers, dimensionals.  Punches:  modern label, 1-3/8" circle, 1-1/2" circle (non SU), scallop circle.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails